Do you know that 57% of B2B marketers believe that lead generation by Search engine optimization is the highest as compared to any other digital marketing strategy? Most customers these days, find local businesses through the internet. So, if your page isn’t SEO-optimized then it won’t rank in search engine. And, you will lose the opportunity to gain these customers.
So, small businesses need good SEO for Small Business strategies so they can rank higher to improve their lead generation and enhance brand awareness.
Search engine optimization optimization is the most effective way to grow and expand a small business. The difficult part is effectively applying the Search engine optimization optimization techniques to yield maximum success.
It’s 2020 and if your business still lacks effective Search engine optimization strategies, then it’s time to rethink your marketing strategies! Here’s your comprehensive guide for 2020 to ace the Search engine optimization game in small businesses.
What is SEO?
Search engine optimization stands for Search Engine optimization. It ensures you 3 core values:
- Quality of traffic.
- Quantity of traffic.
- Organic results.
Search Engine optimization (SEO) definition becomes the technique of generating vast quality traffic in the most organic ways. It brings you the most generous traffic without paying for any kind of ads.
What are the Top 10 Benefits of SEO for Small Businesses?
Here’s a list of 10 benefits that SEO provides for small businesses:
1. Conversion of new consumers are fast and cost-efficient.
2. You can build brand awareness through better rankings.
3. Internet is a place where everything is transparent. You analyze your competitors work, learn from it and surpass the competition.
4. You get to promote yourself online 24×7, so your business promotion doesn’t stop even for a second.
5. If you are already indulged in social media marketing, then Search engine optimization can help you grow there as well. It brings you more social media engagement and visibility.
6. With correct Search engine optimization strategies, you attract more targeted traffic. This improves your conversion rate.
7. Search engine optimization is the most cost-effective tactic of digital marketing. It saves you a lot of money but also generates huge ROIs.
8. Google ensures that a consumer gets exactly what he is looking for. Search engine optimization makes Google happy with good content, and thus, the consumer is happy as well. It enhances the overall user experience.
9. Search engine optimization is a good long-term strategy. It has no time or cost boundations. As long as your content is good and means are fair, you will rank for a decent amount of time on SERP.
10. It even helps in making your website better and more user-friendly.
What are the Top Tips to Effective SEO for Small Businesses?
Small businesses can use the following SEO Strategies to get all the benefits mentioned above:
- Keywords are the real game changer
Your Search engine optimization efficiency is mainly dependent on the content and the effective usage of keywords. Finding keyword for local business is comparatively than for big businesses.
You can identify the most unique and tailored keywords to suit your industry needs. Various keyword finders are available online that are designed specifically to help you find the apt keywords for your content.
These keywords are the ones your niche looks up for the most. You might think of it as some super tech-savvy stuff, but in reality, it’s really easy.
To ace the Search engine optimization (SEO) game, you have to excel in keywords department first!
- Take care of the SEO key elements
There are certain key elements for SEO which comprises:
- Using equally scattered external and internal links.
- Appearance of thoughtfully built keywords 3 to 25 times, depending on your content length.
- Suitable call to action (CTA) at the very end of the content. It increases the readers desire to read more relevant content on your site.
- Add a “hook” at the beginning. It could be even be some interesting statistic in the first few paragraphs to keep your audience fascinated.
- Keep your paragraphs short, simple, easy to read. Break your content into small chunks of information to make the content more readable.
- Insert a catchy and crisp headline for your content.
- Use appropriate and relevant high-resolution images that adds some value to your content.
- Give an opportunity to your contacts to make them sign up (for email newsletters or through another channel) to connect more with you.
Ensuring all the above points you can make a difference in your search engine ranking.
- Use social media wisely
Most marketers have identified and recognized the effective role of social media in the present marketing industry. You can benefit easily from social media, no matter what your business size is – Big, medium or small!
The best part about social media is you get advertising options for businesses at a very low cost. And, it is built-in features that you can creatively manipulate to achieve your business goal.
You can create specific and short content for social media platforms. With a little bit of creativity, you can use social media to promote your business without even boosting them.
Just make sure that your content is relevant, readable and most importantly, eye-catchy! Mark your presence on the other active accounts as well. And do cross-promotions to mutually benefit both the businesses.
Every social platform is unique and offers something extraordinary for you explore and expand your reach. For instance,
- Instagram: It lets us to connect to the mass audience with just attractive and relevant graphics and videos using a few major keywords.
- LinkedIn: It is a platform which active promotes you to make business connections online.
- Pinterest: It is the best platform to attract public attention to your work.
Use all the platforms effectively forming specific strategies to create a good market presence and impact. If you are new, start with one platform that connects the most with your business goal and gain the market credibility from it. Later on, shift and expand gradually to other social media platforms.
- Go local
Do you know 28% of people who make nearby searches always end up in purchasing something? This is why you need to rank on local SEO as well. A local Search engine optimization is a strategy that gives your business more visibility in the local search engine result pages.
Your first business goal should be to get yourself familiarized with the typical, local customer. This lets you get an insight of what your local public desires and want from you!
The most important pointers for the local Search engine optimization checklist are as follows:
- Get your business registered on ‘Google My Business’ and optimize the website.
- Start building backlinks for your webpages.
- Using appropriate Keywords and On-Page Search Engine Optimization.
- Use citations & directories to spread your online reach.
- Keep your website load-time very fast.
- Build effective CRO (Conversion Rate Optimization) strategy.
You can try to promote yourself from ‘Word of mouth’ technique offline.
- Improve user experience
Everybody today spends a substantial amount of their time online, surfing on the internet. So, with so much content already available to attract the audience, you need to work to enhance the user experience substantially.
Only with a seamless user experience ensures that a buyer will buy a product or a reader will read your content. Keep your website simple and organized. Nothing attracts mass audience more than an easy to access, clean and fast website.
Don’t burden the webpage with heavy graphics and videos, widgets etc. Nobody likes a website that takes more time to load. Improving your webpage loading time significantly improve your chances of ranking higher in the SERPs.
- Responsive website and content
With more people shifting slowly towards using internet on mobile phones, you need to ensure your website is mobile-ready!
By the end of 2020, the number of mobile users expected to reach 4.78 billion people across the globe. This means, you surpass all your competitions you have to make sure your website content is responsive.
Neglecting this fact won’t take you far. You need to focus on the mobile Search engine optimization strategies too!
The easiest way to ensure that is to check the webpage load time, accuracy and relevancy of the information, and compatibility of your site on mobile phones (rather smartphones to be precise).
- Know the importance of fresh content
You can significantly improve your Google rankings by more frequent postings. Although Google recognizes only the fresh (new) content, still there’s a lot more that you can do to improve your existing content on the website.
Keep your content crisp and thorough. You can substantially improve your ranking by frequently updating your pre-existing contents too.
I hope you understand the importance of Search engine optimization for small businesses. And, it made you realize that Search Engine Optimization is not an optional strategy. Every business needs it – No matter how big or small it is!
Why Choose Digital Romans?
Digital Romans are your personal digital marketing strategist that assures only the industry best practices. To up your Search engine optimization game, you need to apply the best strategies so your content ranks higher. And, ultimately your online visibility increases.
Digital Romans provide the best assistance for Search engine optimization optimization, so you remain trouble-free. To know more about Search engine optimization tactics and other digital marketing strategies, feel free to contact us directly. We work to make your marketing experience smooth and hassle-free.