In this digital world, people view businesses based on their websites.
A website is a digital visiting card for your business. If your website is attractive, you can expect good footfall in physical shops or offices.
These days hospitals and clinics are no less than businesses that have to work on their digital presence to generate patient footfall in their clinics. Hence, website design for healthcare is also equally important.
Do you think website designing for hospitals and clinics is easy? Well, it’s not because it has its share of challenges. However, the data in this blog can make website designing easy.
What is the importance of website design for a Medical Website?
A website design is similar to designing your clinic or hospital. When you have your clinic, you take utmost care to design and decorate your clinic.
Similarly, you must implement suitable website design protocols for a functional and good-looking healthcare website.
Your clinic website is your digital address for the people to visit you online and connect with your knowledge and vibe.
Here is why website design for healthcare websites is essential,
- A good website design will retain more customers on your website.
- A good website design will help in increasing your reach worldwide.
- A good website design can help you market your medical services.
- With a good website design, you can provide patient testimonials as proof of your service.
- A good website design can help highlight your credibility as a doctor and of your clinic and hospital.
- With a good healthcare website design, you can connect, interact, and treat millions of people worldwide.
- A good website design can increase traffic on your website, eventually increasing your clinic’s footfall.
- With a nice website design, you can have an excellent online presence, making your clinic or hospital popular.
What are the different strategies of website design for Healthcare tips and Guidelines Websites?
It can be a challenging task to create designs for healthcare. Since it deals with people’s health, it requires much understanding and patience to get the job done.
However, you are in here for a treat because, in this blog, you can find game-changing strategies to help with the Website Design for Healthcare tips and guidelines website.
1. Interactive Website
- Interactive rhymes with Impressive, so that’s why your website should be interactive.
- Interactive websites allow for two-way communication between the user and the business.
- Hence, it becomes easy to understand the pain points of your patients.
- Interactive Healthcare Websites also serve people’s needs better.
- Imagine patients have come to your clinic but find no one to clarify their doubts. Will it be a good service? Of course, No.
- Similarly, your healthcare website must have interactive elements to help users communicate with your business for a stronger bond.
- Here are some of the most common interactive elements that can be incorporated into your healthcare website,
- Patient Portal- Patient portals can help edit personal details, contact information, insurance details, etc. When Patients edit their info, it will help them gain confidence in your business. Also, if you engage a receptionist to make changes to patient information, there are high chances of error which can be disappointing.
- Interactive Forms- Interactive Forms are the best to include in a healthcare website as they can help understand patients’ medical health. It will also help them engage with appropriate specialty doctors in a hospital.
- Call-to-action buttons- These buttons are placed to schedule appointments, referrals, prescriptions, etc. With a well-placed call-to-action button, you can make your website very interactive. With call-to-action buttons, you can easily retain and convert your patients by serving them in the best possible way.
2. Mobile-friendly Website
- Smartphones have become a basic necessity of humans, along with food, water, air, and shelter.
- If your Website design for Healthcare sites only serves computers and laptops, you must be prepared to lose out on many potential patients.
- Hence, your website design for your hospital website must also be mobile-friendly for better accessibility.
- When you make your healthcare website mobile-friendly, even knowledgeable children can access it for their illiterate parents or grandparents.
- However, a mobile-friendly website doesn’t mean that your website opens on Google chrome with the same design as on a computer.
- Mobile-friendly or mobile-responsive refers to websites that have adaptable website designs to fulfill the screens of the device used. The device can be a tablet, laptop, or phone.
- Here are some of the mobile-friendly insights for your healthcare website design,
- Homepage Optimization –Your healthcare website’s homepage must be optimized according to the size and pattern of mobile phones. You can include a long homepage with downward scrolling options on your website. Your homepage must also have short descriptions of your services for engaging your patients.
- Click and Call Button – Mobile responsiveness is also an essential factor in building a mobile-friendly healthcare website. If a person is sick and wants to book an appointment on his phone, then a click-and-call button on your mobile site can help you serve him in his time of need. By incorporating a click-and-call facility on your healthcare website, you are giving access to numerous patients to schedule appointments during emergencies.
- Hamburger Navigation Menu – A hamburger menu refers to a minimized version of the navigation menu on a website. A hamburger menu is usually located in the top corner of your website’s mobile version. The hamburger menu type allows mobile users to view all the listings of the website menu in a dropdown fashion. The incorporation of the hamburger menu can make your healthcare website easily accessible.
3. Appropriate CMS
- CMS refers to Content Management System.
- A Content Management System is software that helps manage and create digital content for your website.
- It is very crucial to choose an appropriate CMS for your healthcare website.
- With a suitable CMS, you can create content for your healthcare website.
- It enables you to add different web pages, begin with blogs on healthcare topics, link your website and social media profiles, incorporate search engine optimization (SEO) best practices, etc.
- In simple words, CMS is similar to website builders that can make your website design for Healthcare sites a cakewalk.
- Here are some of the benefits of incorporating the right CMS,
- You can use customizable templates and layouts for your website design.
- You can make your website accessible to everyone.
- You can edit live web pages from the front end.
- You can decide and position the placement of images.
- You can optimize your healthcare website for mobile phones.
You can incorporate healthcare elements like tools, listings, etc.
4. Easily Navigable
- A healthcare website must be easily navigable to create an effortless user experience.
- Your website must be self-explanatory for your patients to find whatever they need on your website.
- If your website design is too complicated, a sick person cannot navigate your website.
- Here are a few insights you can incorporate to make your healthcare websites easily navigable,
- User-Friendly Navigation Menu – Navigation menus in websites help users to move from one page to another according to their needs. With a complicated navigation menu, patients can get confused and may not use your website.
- Website design for Healthcare sites must include a well-designed, user-friendly navigation menu that can be helpful for patients to jump from one page to another.
- Easy Call-to-action buttons- Easily navigable websites contain clear and appropriate call-to-action buttons for immediate emergency access. A sick person using your healthcare website cannot navigate through all pages to find an option to call and schedule an appointment. Instead, a call-to-action button available on the homepage of your website can be the savior for patients in need.
5. Relevant Content
- Content is King, especially in the Digital World. Hence, it could be a wrong decision to mess with the king.
- If you are keen on building a functional healthcare website, you must increase your focus on the website’s content.
- Your website must be a channel to educate patients about various diseases, myths, practices, etc.
- A healthcare website can be the best source of information for people.
- Most people are not aware of several medical conditions; through your website, you can educate patients.
- It would help if you acquired the art of creating content that interests and educates people simultaneously.
- Some of the forms of content that you can incorporate in the website d
- esign for healthcare sites are,
- Blogs are long-form content that describes in detail a particular topic. Blogs are a great form of content to share tips, dos, don’ts, etc. Blogs can be beneficial in engaging patients on your website.
- FAQs refer to Frequently asked questions. The frequently asked questions section on your website must include the most commonly requested doubts by the patients. Incorporating the FAQs section in your website will help in patient engagement. It also can create a personal connection for the patient with your website.
- Reviews are a great tool to incorporate as content on your healthcare website.Reviews will help patients understand your services, dedication, quality of work, etc. It can give patients a picture of your clinic or hospital.
- Testimonials are a great source of appreciation for your medical service. Patients visiting your websites will quickly engage with your testimonial section to learn about your medical service.
6. Strong and Decent Images
- Images are an essential part of website design for healthcare
- Images speak a lot and can convey strong messages to people.
- Hence, incorporating bold and strong images in your healthcare websites can engage your patients with your clinic.
- Some beautiful insights on images that can help you with your website design are,
- Always opt for original images and videos. It will enhance the belief system of your patients.
- Do not overload your website with images without purpose. Plan and incorporate photos and videos according to need.
- Opt for infographics; only images cannot speak a lot, but images with content can be a great idea to implement for healthcare websites.
7. Faster Website
- Slow websites are a nightmare for most people, especially healthcare websites.
- The website design for healthcare sites must be such that the web pages must load faster.
- A sick patient cannot wait long for the website to open, especially during emergencies.
- Hence, speed is an essential factor in designing healthcare websites.
- Here are some insights that can help to design faster websites,
- Compressed Images – Large image files can slow down the website. Hence, it is always ideal for compressing your image files. You may find it fancy to opt for high-resolution images, but they are going to affect the functionality of your healthcare website.
- Fewer Redirects – Redirecting to another web page’ is a general observation in most websites on the internet. The more redirects you keep in your healthcare website, the slower it will become. To design a faster healthcare website, minimize the redirects, and improve the functionality of your website.
8. Website Accessibility Guidelines
- Accessible websites are the ones that get the most traffic.
- If your healthcare website is accessible to most populations, you win against your competition.
- Accessibility doesn’t just refer to navigation but also text clarity, image clarity, font size, and much more.
- Here are some insights that can help you with improving the accessibility of your healthcare website,
- The text on your website must be large for clear visibility.
- The font of your website must be such that it is easily readable.
- The images on your website should have higher contrast to attract patients.
- Implement alternative text for images and links.
All the above strategies can be helpful in many ways to create a high-quality website design for healthcare websites.
Website designing is an art, and you can become an artist if you consider all the strategies given above in this blog. With the techniques mentioned above, you can create a decent healthcare website. Website design for healthcare is one of the most responsible tasks as it deals with people’s health. A good website can be a source of health and knowledge for many people.